Followers

Friday, February 18, 2011

My First Sketchbook Assignment (Dusty)


Dusty

My first Sketchbook assignment is based on the theme dusty. I named this piece Dusty Dust Bunnies Run! In the picture you can see that a broom is chancing after dust bunnies to try and get the floor clean. I used pencil and soft pastels to make this piece. The pencil was used to draw out the sketch of each bunny and the broom. After I was happy with the sketch, I used soft pastels to color the image so that is would give more of a dusty affect. I decided not to put any colors in it because to me when I think of dust I see gray, since this picture is about dusty I only used black, gray, and the white of the page.


When I first found out I had to do a piece about dusty, I had different ideas in mind like drawing a dusty attic or a person blowing an old book. I thought that these ideas were too simple and that other people would have done it so, I decided to be more creative and draw dust bunnies running away from a sweeping broom. It took me a while to get this idea. I got the idea from a television show called the Big Comfy Couch. In the show there were two dust bunnies that lived under the couch. Once I heard the word dust bunnies I got the idea of having them being swept away by a broom.




I am very proud of my work because it took me a long time to finish, and to me it looks really good. I did have some difficulties coloring with soft pastel because it was my first time using it. If I were to have done anything different it would be to have colored lighter. Over all it was fun drawing each bunny and using soft pastels for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment